What is the difference between Object Cloning and Web Recorder?

What is the difference between Object Cloning and Web Recorder? What are the scenarios where one should be chosen over the other?

The above question was recently asked on the 'Automation Anywhere Professionals' LinkedIn Group.

My answer included the following:

Object cloning is specifically used for capturing objects that use technologies such as Flex, Silverlight, Java or HTML. It captures properties such as X,Y coordinates, object properties and image, if enabled.
Web Recorder enables you to automate internet-related tasks such as extraction of like data or table data, source code from a website, navigate to a URL and download data. It also allows one to extract data in table or pattern-based to a CSV file.

I also recommended attending a course with specific workshops on Object Cloning and all the Recorder options, like the Automation Anywhere Advanced RPA Professional course we run at Extra Technology.

I will be interested to read other comments on this topic. Hopefully this website will prove to be a good home to similar questions.

Comments

• Let me know the difference between the Manage web controls in Web Recorder command and Object cloning object properties.

• In the webcontrols command we will get the all controls of webpage what ever we want . Those properties also there in the object cloning properties .